Sayfalar

7.9.10

Falling Slowly

I don't know you
But I want you
All the more for that
Words fall through me
And always fool me
And I can't react
And games that never amount
To more than they're meant
Will play themselves out

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you have a choice
You'll make it now

Falling slowly, eyes that know me
And I can't go back
Moods that take me and erase me
And I'm painted black
You have suffered enough
And warred with yourself
It's time that you won

Take this sinking boat and point it home
We've still got time
Raise your hopeful voice you had a choice
You've made it now
Falling slowly sing your melody
I'll sing along

- The Swell Season


***


"So this song has ben a absolute wonder-- wonderful thing that's happened to us. Like --like.. Like any song, you write to song and hope that it's gonna you hope that whatever it is about the song it's gonna work, you hope that the lyrics are gonna make sense, you hope that it's gonna speak it from your heart or it's gonna have some grain truth in it. This song if I can use the --the metaphor, if I may, this song is a bit like --you know you kick your ball and you're hoping it's gonna get to the end of the garden because that's where your brother is waiting for you to, you know, kick it back. And so you kick your ball, hoping it's gonna reach to the end of the garden and your ball goes over the wall, it goes over the river, it goes over the next house, and it goes into a place you never imagined it would end up...
And the tiny tiny tiny part of you that's going 'I want my fucking ball back' is completely outshadowed by the wonder of 'Oh my God, I kicked my ball that far!' So...
You get the metaphor don't you? Okay.."
- Glen Hansard (The Swell Season)


***


En sevdiğim birkaç şarkıdan bir tanesi, çoğu zaman en sevdiğim şarkı.
İnsanların şu cümleyi kurmasından nefret ederim ama kurmak zorundayım işte:
Her dinlediğimde tüylerim ürperiyor...

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder